[REPU] New Board Post: how to upgrade to 2nd gen alternator?

From: Daemon user for apache (wwwrun@rotor.mazzella.org)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 21:54:08 PST

forum@mazdarepu.com

A New Post has Been with the Subject: [how to upgrade to 2nd gen alternator?]
User From: brad

The 89-92 turbo ][ alternator puts out ~90amps if I remember right, and it has a built in regulator. I got one on the 1st gen running fine. REPU has a 40 amp alternator with an external regulator.

Who has put a 2nd gen alternator on their REPU? And how to I get rid of the external regulator?

The + output wire from alt to fusebox to battery is 6 gauge which can handle the voltage fine. Only other concern is the little fuse behind seat fusing the alt + wire and the battery is rated at 50 amps. Odd little long wafer looking fuse. Anyone know if these can be had for 100amps? Otherwise I'll need to splice in one.

Thanks,

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=1&TID=369