[REPU] Board Post Reply: battery tie down?

From: Daemon user for apache (wwwrun@rotor.mazzella.org)
Date: Fri Dec 20 2002 - 22:26:33 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [battery tie down?]
User From: NE14A69

Hey All,
Although I'm new to the forum, I may be able to offer some insight on this topic. My brother is a CNC Machinist and I had him custom build my battery tray, for my 74 REPU. We removed the factory Iron Clad and used a high grade Aluminum (don't catch me lying about just what grade). If I remember right it is 1/4 inch, and although I thought at first that wouldn't be thick enough, big bro proved me wrong. Anyways, I'm at work and don't have any picts, but I'll try to post some ASAP, maybe a couple days. If there is enough interest I may be able to see if he's willing to build some more, and how much he wants. It basically follows the stock layout, with a full lid, rather than the top sides notched for the posts. We resolved the possibility of it shorting off the lid by placing a rod across the top of the battery, that slides through CNC punched holes in either side. Also it has a solid top with a wrap over lid, which uses a Keyed Lock (two piece, a strap bolted to the front face, which hinges down.) It
 also has CNC punched 3/8" holes on each side and the bottom, to allow for cooling and debris drainage. It has a satin polish and is clear coated. Anyways I know I've rattled your ears off and at times made you think "HUH?" so I'll stop now, and post picts later, but if anyone sounds interested, post here and I'll see what I can come up with.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=3&TID=161