[REPU] Board Post Reply: Rebuilding my J-spec engine.

From: Daemon user for apache (wwwrun@rotor.mazzella.org)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 08:37:22 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Rebuilding my J-spec engine.]
The Reply was:

Rotor--Do you prefer carbon apex seals? Word has it they achieve superior compression, (nevermind saving housings when they go)... also been told some folks lap right thru the later 'nitrided' surface on the plates, right into the softer-than-oldschool metal, in search of superior sealing (at the expense of longevity, of course)...what are your thoughts? BTW, I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating every and any bit of engine stacking advice...Thank You!

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=1&TID=225