RE: [REPU] new member, Hi!

From: Jeremy Romero \(J-Ro\) (Jeremy.Romero@socal7s.org)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 16:42:50 PDT

I have a Mazda Shop Manual and I would not recommend the Chilton or Hayes
manuals, you don't get the in depth exploded views or instruction. Try
http://www.books4cars.com they might have a factory manual I got mine from
them w/electrical schematics. Pretty much the entire vehicle is gold but
don't let that put you off. The line that runs to the carb is in fact an
oil line coming from the Oil Metering Pump to the carb, the oil keeps the
apex seals lubed. These often can go bad and are $$$ to fix. Around $200
for the part alone not to mention labor if you don't do it yourself. Check
it for leaks often. Also you can not get the Air Check Valve anymore
either, from any source that I know of. It's the valve on the pass. side
that has lines to the carb and the Air Pump if it goes bad smog will be
impossible to pass. Telltale signs that it's bad will be the truck
backfires upon deceleration. It's been a while since I've worked on either
of these bad boys but it's all coming back to me! hahaha

J-Ro

p.s. Here's a guys site that loves these too!
http://www.geocities.com/xp882/