[REPU] Board Post Reply: Radiators

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 18:38:38 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Radiators]
User From: klaus42

REPU radiators ARE identical to the rx-4's! (Although you might come across 'minor' variations, such as filler cap in center vs. on the side...not to mention the ones delivered with automatics had the transmission cooler plumbed in the bottom.)
I'd take the best available core (tanks) and have a good shop redo it for me, like the 'guru said... that way you won't have to screw around with mounting hassles-- including your oil cooler.
If that $300+ one is pristine factory NOS, it just might be worth the asking, after all...
Oh yeah: what is different, also depending on the year, is the exact shape of the fan shroud... and I do seem to remember reading cautions against the use of any kind of 'systemic' sealant in rotary cooling systems...

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=309