[REPU] Board Post Reply: Brake booster going?

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 07:07:51 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Brake booster going?]
User From: repuguru

 It doesn't sound like a booster to me. You've got air in the system is what it sounds like. Check your wheel cylinders for a leak or even your hoses. If not then I'd say your master cylinder has an air pocket.
 If it has enough of an air pocket you may want to try to bench bleed the cylinder itself.
 I am not 100%% sure of your paticular problem but it doesn't sound like a booster.

 Is it showing any of these problems at all?
 Hard pedal. With engine assistance like when you move the truck while not under power. Rolling it down a hill for instance.
 Rough idle. If the booster has hole in its diaphram you will have a massive air leak and the truck will run erratic.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=323