[REPU] Board Post Reply: ENGINE SWAPING QUESTION

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 06:03:08 PST

A New Post has Been made to the thread [ENGINE SWAPING QUESTION]
User From: 20wannaB

I've seen a couple T5's mated to 13bs and one T56.

Cearly you CAN do anything you want to do if you have the time and/or money.

You can have adapter plates made to bolt the T5 up. I've seen them and this is how the two FC's I've seen did it (they got the plates from the same guy). I didn't get to talk to the owner of hte six speed.

Its not EASY. The Shifter location changed and tranny mounts had to be altered/fabricated.

I don't even want to THINK about the cutting that was necessary to make the BW T56 work. Have you ever seen the size of those things? Easily 50% larger than your stock FC trans. Nasty nasty nasty.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=301