[REPU] Board Post Reply: Carburetor on t2 engine...?

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 23:40:44 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Carburetor on t2 engine...?]
The Reply was:

[quote] A suck thru system would work with a carb because your pressure is created after the fuel is added. But I haven't seen many Turbo's that have such a system. I have seen some superchargers with this on them though.[/quote]

suck through turbo setup--

I've thought about this before and my best guess is that engineers are skeptical of having air/fuel mixture in the turbo exposed to exhaust heat. probably be ok till you shut a hot engine off.

blow through turbo setup--

i recall reading somewhere "rotary related" about somebody modifying carbs for this. and i'm sure if thats what you really wanted to do, there is definately someone out there that performs the necessary modifications to Holley carbs.

another possibility that i've seen is building a pressure box completely surrounding the carb so that the same relative pressure is inside and outside the carb.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=237