[REPU] Board Post Reply: Carburetor on t2 engine...?

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 17:52:17 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Carburetor on t2 engine...?]
The Reply was:

 Not with out MAJOR mods to the carb and fabrication.
 The T2 is an injected blow thru system. Its pressure is created before its fuel is injected. To pressurize a carb you must first make sure the carb will not leak all the pressure out thru all the little orfices and around the butterfly shaft. Most carb are made to work at normal outside pressure.
 I am just scratching the surface on this too.
 A suck thru system would work with a carb because your pressure is created after the fuel is added. But I haven't seen many Turbo's that have such a system. I have seen some superchargers with this on them though.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=237