[REPU] Board Post Reply: any advice for converting a repu to automatic

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 09:17:49 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [any advice for converting a repu to automatic]
The Reply was:

...but I believe it'd be a straight swap. Same year, same running gear, pretty much. Like the 'guru said, tho, those F&R counterweights must not be forgot. Far as LSD goes, rearend in REPU's different from all other rotaries...fattest axles, for one. Wagon next closest, BUT... I'd get an experienced Mazda pro. to swap in/fab a LSD unit into the stock REPU rearend...was once told it could be done for around $400...
  Why not teach your wife to drive a stick? Just don't start her out in the REPU! (Could always be essential knowledge in case of an emergency, at the very least...) Who knows, she might come to enjoy shifting! :)

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=228