[REPU] Board Post Reply: 84 B2000 engine swap

From: forum@mazdarepu.com
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 02:16:25 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [84 B2000 engine swap]
The Reply was:

Is what went bad the aluminum head? I forget what year(s) especially, but I remember hearing that there's a Mazda piston truck motor that, as the engine displacement was increased, got to the point of not enough metal between the cylinders in the head... so that once they overheat even a little, the head warps and is toast. How about replacing it with Ford's "Iron Duke"? Apparently that motor can be built up quite a bit with no reliability problems...
Of course, nothing else is a rotary! For the true addict, it's surely worth the hassle... Let me guess, Charles--the header has no room in the '84 conversion?

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=215