[REPU] Board Post Reply: Fuel system prob...

From: Daemon user for apache (wwwrun@rotor.mazzella.org)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 09:13:09 PDT

A New Post has Been made to the thread [Fuel system prob...]
The Reply was:

Sounds like a classic case of a bad/faulty fuel pump or wiring to pump. It is probably dripping during cranking because your drawing a vacuum, and quits when the engine requests too much fuel.

You could take any stand alone electric pump and patch it in to get you home if that is/was the problem. It could be corroded terminals to the pump as well. I would check for power at the pump too. Myself, I would just tow/haul it home, and work on it in a more proper environment. Working on cars at the yard is a PITA.

Good luck, I am working on my "new" 77 REPU too.

Go Here to Reply: http://www.mazdarepu.com/board/viewthread.php3?FID=2&TID=268